Friday, April 10, 2009

DIY Day Off

So I had today off of work- apparently Good Friday is a National holiday in the South! Just one more reason that I'm glad I moved back. Now, I could have used today to do something productive like clean the kitchen or vacuum or take photos for GVV... oh wait, I did! And, I managed to do one more thing: upcycle an old white shirt that I never wear and some great vintage fabric that I found at Goodwill into a dress. Here are the fruits of my labor...



I think I like it, though it could probably use a few more tweaks. The rest of that brown and white striped vintage fabric should be up in the shop soon, along with a bunch more that I found. I just LOVE vintage fabric, but I'm not the best seamstress, so I think I will pass it along.

1 comment:

  1. Well it seems you were really busy today and got lots done...Good for you. I did a few things but not nearly as much as you...Have a great Easter...

    ReplyDelete