Wednesday, October 28, 2009

border

Dress: Old Navy
Leggings: ?
Shoes: Chaco's replaced my black flats for my surprise hike today!
Necklace: Gift from mom
Slip: Dyed vintage from Etsy

Ok. Several fun things happened today (scroll down for the most fun one of all). 1st, I wore the new necklace that my mom sent me just for fun! I think I kind of love it.

necklace

I'm really getting into mixing my neutrals too- look at me wearing brown and black together! Earlier in the day, I was wearing black flats, so the only color was in the necklace. All you ladies who turned me onto mixing neutrals were right, it does add some instant chic-ness to your ensemble.

detail

Secondly, I took myself on a surprise hike. I was just going to drive up on the Blue Ridge Parkway to check out the leaves, but the views weren't that great. So I decided to hike a little way up a trail just to see a few leaves and let Petey run for a minute. And, the leaves were great. So I just kept going! It was beautiful!

tree

Lastly, I sucked it up and bought these:

boots

Aren't they beautiful and totally perfect for me? They were pricey but I think they were worth it! I will have them forever. This is certainly the most money I have ever spent on an item of clothing, so I hope I don't regret it when rent is due (in 3 days- what was I thinking??).

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the perfect boots! I love the colourful necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you got them! They look great on you!!

    ReplyDelete