Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11.18.09

Yay! I'm back. It feels so good to have a camera again (I just home the insurance money comes through like I'm hoping it will)!

101809border

detail

detail2

Dress: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted
Leggings: New, Vera Wang for Kohls
Socks: K-mart
Boots: Groundhog Shoes
Bag: Vintage, estate sale

Yesterday I went on the Great Legging Search of '09. Seriously. It was as dramatic as it sounds. Everyone is wearing leggings, but NO ONE is selling them! At least, thats the way it was beginning to seem to me. Of course, I only like to go to thrift stores and I hate to drive all over town in search of something, so maybe my opinion was biased. Anyways, I had finally broken down and decided to try Walmart because I was getting desperate for some leggings- I mean, I have these awesome boots that keep my feet and calves warm, but leave my knees and thighs out shivering in the cold. Sometimes, tights just don't cut it. Obviously, no leggings was not an option! So yeah, after searching for what felt like days and days at every store in Asheville (in reality, only Target and K-mart which probably took an hour total) I pulled into the parking lot of Walmart and prepared to brace myself for entering that mad-house, which I typically avoid. And then I saw it. KOHL'S! It was so simple yet so genius. Kohl's always has cheap stuff and is much easier to navigate than Walmart, but I had totally forgotten that it even existed. Well, long story short, Kohl's was the answer to all my legging dream. Seriously, go there now and get yourself some Vera Wang for Kohl's leggings in black, brown, and gray in either long or capri length. I like to think that Vera always knows exactly what I want (my prom dress was Vera Wang many moons ago). They are 50% off so they only cost $10 each! I am so excited about how warm I'm going to be all winter now, I feel like my wardrobe is finally complete! Oh, and I tried out layering knee high socks over my leggings today and I loved the look. Thanks to Chelsea who inspired me with her OTK socks a few days ago.

5 comments:

  1. You are not alone in the legging search, Megan! I've been trying to gather a bunch of different colors and lengths, and it's just so hard to find them. I will totally check out Kohls ASAP :)

    By the way, I love the layered sock look you've got going! It's funny because I feel a little crazy in my normal life walking around with OTKs or knee socks, but it's so freaking cute I don't care if people don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying to find leggings a couple of months ago (to wear under tunics for summer), and the ONLY place I could find them was Kohls. I got the VW ones and they are still in great condition. They are nice and thick, too. A good $10 investment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations...on the camera and the leggings. I was buying them from American Apparel, but haven't made it there yet. Did they have any wool ribbed tights by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't see any ribbed tights... but they did have a large selection and I wasn't looking for them so they could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm envious of your bag!
    Forever 21 has leggings galore!

    ReplyDelete