Thursday, November 5, 2009

More photoshopping

So, this morning, I finally decided to try to conquer actions. I was a bit intimidated by them, as I am by most new things in photoshop. However, it was actually super easy. I downloaded the Pioneer Woman's action set #2 (I couldn't get #1 to work for some reason), then just double clicked and they popped up in photoshop. I started with a photo that I took in the Nantahala Gorge on Monday that I really, really wanted to be awesome, but in reality turned out kind of lame. I was hoping that some Actions action could save it! It was so easy, all I had to do was click the play button and it ran the action on the photo. I fiddled with a few of the settings and presto chango, here they are:

Straight out of the Camera:
SOOC

How I edited it (boost saturation, warm up the tones a little bit):
DSC_0162

Pioneer Woman's Seventies Action:
seventies

Pioneer Woman's Colorized Action:
colorized

Pioneer Woman's Sunshine Action:
sunshine

Pioneer Woman's Heartland Action:
heartland

Pioneer Woman's Dim the Lights Action:
dimthelights

It was a super fun experiment and I really like how they all turned out. In fact, I think they are so awesome that I don't know which one I like the most! I'm leaning towards the Dim the Lights action, it made the photo sooo dramatic. The actions certainly saved this lame photo. Do any of ya'll use actions on your photos? Which are your favorite? I'd love it if you would share them with me, I can't wait to try some more!

4 comments:

  1. haha I tried to decide a favourite too, but I just can't. It is a stunning photo no matter what you do to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all wonderful! Its so much fun to play around with digital pics. I don't have photoshop, but can do some basic editing with my cannon software. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing the pioneer woman set, i've been looking for something to 'vintage-ize' photos for forever now :)!! loving all of your photography lately, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its between seventies and colorized action for me, but really these are all lovely! you must do a tutorial, i'm photoshop illiterate :(

    ReplyDelete